Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Hero

Sophia is so strong! This little baby is my hero. She did so well in surgery then she was moved back to ICU where she has made amazing progress! She had her line taken out of the left atrium of her heart yesterday and the swelling in her face has gone down so much she looks SO GOOD!Yestersday her catheter also came out which she seemed to be happy about. She still has drainage tubes in and gthe right atrial line in plus two femoral arterie lines in but the surgeon said she is well on her way to getting those removed. She is just incredible! She is so hilarious already smiling and watching her favorite cartoons. I don't remember if I mentioned but she loves sports so much she watches them with my dad any chance she gets and the nurses noticed this. She was in love with the Giants game they turned on. She is too darn cute. So hopefully in the next couple days she will be transfered to the 3rd floor which is acute care instead of the ICU. I will try to post daily now since surgery is over but it is so crazy busy here. Thank you to all who have sent encouragibng e-mails my way it helps me gain strength. I have to say that the fact that I did not even cry the day of surgery and that I was able to hold it together seeing her after surgery (she was so swollen she didn't even look like the same baby) was truly God's work. Keep praying for us ! I love you all! natalie_cannon@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment