Friday, September 10, 2010

Sophia's Surgery Update



Yesterday I recieved a letter in the mail with Sophia's surgery date on it, October 7th 2010. The first thing I thought when I saw it was that 7 is my lucky number. My birthday is February 7th, in sports I was always number 7, in elementary school my class number was always 7, it has just always been my lucky number. Well this year I was induced on July 7th and things couldn't have gone any better. My baby was as healthy as could be, she only had to stay in the NICU for 24 hours and my labor was a piece of cake and went by so fast. The surgeon told me that Sophia would have her surgery in mid October but the 7th is not mid it is begining. Some would think of it as coincedence but I just got a feeling when I saw the date and I believe that this in some way is God telling me that everything is going to be alright. This whole process is so much harder than I ever imagined but I can already see that Sophia is so strong. Another heart mom told me "He will protect them when you cannot," and so I am putting all my faith in God and that is where I find peace. On a lighter note my baby girl is being baptized this Tuesday night and I am so excited! My Aunt Carolanne and Uncle Paul bought her a beautiful dress and I cannot wait to put it on her. I will post pictures Tuesday or Wednesday until then Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment